Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kitchen Renovation Phase 2

The kitchen renovation phase 2 is complete, or at least almost complete. We got our new countertops installed last week, and I love them!


tore out old counters

cut off the raised part of the island
Before

After - new countertops!




a better view of the granite
Obviously, we need new stools. I go pick those up from Nebraska Furniture Mart on Friday, and I got them on sale! Score!  
 
 
 
The reason I said almost complete is that the installers have to come back to readjust the counters so the overhang is consistent all over. Also, they cut the island an inch smaller than we requested, so we're deciding if we'll take the money off he said he'd give us or get a new slab. Why can't anything go smoothly the first time? Such is life, I guess.
 
Phase 3 is new backsplash. We haven't decided when we'll get around to that but considering there's a half inch gap between the existing backsplash and the counters, it might need to be pretty soon. More to follow! 


1 comment:

  1. I just realized I had only bookmarked your first post and not the blog! This actually made me happy because I had so much reading to do. Love your kitchen, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete