Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others.

There's so much great advice out there. What advice would I give to everyone? Well, one that seems rather timely in my life right now. Ready? Here it is:

If you don't love what you're doing, it's not worth doing.

I'm speaking in terms of your job. With Dylan's decision to change jobs, we talked a lot about what would make him happier in his profession. I think he made the right decision, which wasn't the easiest by any means.

There are so many things in life we must do that we may not love. For example, I must do laundry or poor Lincoln would be running around in his diaper all day (and that's a bit WT for my taste!). I mean that you should love what you choose to do for your job. We spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week doing whatever this happens to be. I don't live in a fantasy world where I wake up every day and LOVE my job. There are days when the kids are snarly, when I'm grumpy, when I wished that I had a job where I didn't have to be constantly "on." (My teacher friends know what I'm talking about.) Teaching is a difficult job for  many reasons. However, I can honestly say that I do love my job. I love that I get to mold young minds. I love that I get to be a positive role model for these kids. I love to learn and share that passion with my students. It's a wonderful job, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment