Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 9: A moment in your day

I often feel like the life of a teacher is one with a split personality. During 9 months of the year, you are constantly busy with lesson planning, working with students, being a wife and a mother. Then, the summer comes and life changes a bit. Don't get me wrong. I'm still pretty busy over the summer (especially now that I have a little man to take care of), but life slows down a bit. You see, teachers need downtime. They need to recharge. (I'm sure most people need this in their job but we also need an emotional purge.) We put so much of our heart and soul into our job and our kids that we need some time away to recharge and be ready to give it all once again for that new crop of kids to come.

So, what's a moment in my day like right now?
It's a little bit of this...
and this...
 
and even some of this.
  While my summers look a little different these days, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment