Monday, July 8, 2013

Blogging every day in July!

One of my friends challenged those with blogs to blog every day in July. Here's the link to the topics:


I love this idea because it gives me topics to write about daily. Since I'm getting started on day 8, I've got some catching up to do. So, here's my shortened version of the first 8 days (part 1).

Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less

Well, I was born in Savannah, Georgia. I have the best mom and dad a girl could ask for! I have a big brother and big sister, which means I'm the baby of the family. Some would say that fits my personality. I beg to differ! I moved 10 times before I went to college thanks to my father being in the military. We lived all over the country from Virginia to Texas to Colorado, not to mention Europe (Germany). By the time I graduated, I decided I liked Kansas and went to college at KU (Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!). My first teaching job was in Liberty, MO where I learned a ton and met some wonderful friends! I met the love of my life in 2007, married in 2009, and moved to Topeka that same year. Again, I was blessed with a wonderful place to work! In December of 2012, I had Lincoln and life has never been the same since! We are now living in Shawnee, KS and I'll start my new job in Olathe as an 8th grade Language Arts teacher in August. There it is, folks!


The fam in Texas
                                                          
Day 2: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at.

Gosh! I'm a bit at a loss here. I feel like I'm decent at a lot of things but one thing I'm really good at...how about accepting change? I feel like my whole life I've had to go with the flow. Since I moved about every couple of years, I had to be able to pick up and start a new life somewhere new. I've learned that you have to take those changes in stride, let what comes, come and try not to over analyze and stress. (I know, easier said than done, right?) Change comes to us all. We have to adapt and not fear it!

Day 3: Things that make you uncomfortable

1. Flying (I realize I'm 32 and should be over this by now, but I just can't stop being nervous.)
2. Insects (gross!)
3. Pants that are too tight (Right now, that's more than I'd like to admit thanks to my baby boy! Still trying to lose that baby weight.)
4. Riding in a car minus my seat belt (if you know me, that never happens!)
5. When my house gets too dirty or cluttered
6. Talking to complete strangers

I'm sure there's plenty more but that's all I can think of for now.


Day 4:Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it



"It's not the number of breaths we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away."
 
I love this quote because it's all about living life to the fullest. Often times we get stuck in our same routines and never get out and experience something new or appreciate what we have. I often remind myself that I don't have to go somewhere exotic to live a life well lived, I simply have to look around and see the small things and appreciate those. (Of course, those exciting trips are pretty wonderful too!)  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment