Saturday, July 13, 2013

Kitchen Renovation Phase 1

I didn't like today's topic so I made the executive decision to start blogging about my kitchen renovation. When Dylan and I bought our new house, there really wasn't much we had to do to it. The people who lived here before us actually had pretty good taste. Hard to believe, I know! (or at least similar taste to ours...I consider that good taste.) When we bought this house we knew we needed to do two things...put in a fence - done! and revamp the kitchen. Now, Dylan just thought that would include new countertops. I had other visions in mind.

Phase 1 of the kitchen reno is painting. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, Dylan LOVED the red walls.
Before
 Of course this was not brought up until I had already primed them and painted part of the kitchen (and after I had already brought home paint chips, by the way).

primed walls

the first color - Autumn Fog
The first words out of his mouth were, "Oooh." I knew then that he hated the color. Then, "Doesn't it look baby blue?" Baby blue??? That was not the look I was going for. I wanted a cool gray, blue color, more gray than blue. Apparently, this one had way too much blue. I did agree that it just wasn't the right shade (and of course...I bought a gallon of the paint when in actuality I only needed less than a quart...typical).

So, two more samples later, and repainting a few times, I we settled on Urban Sunrise...no blue at all.

After
Phase 1 is complete! Phase 2 is new countertops which will be installed next Thursday. Updates to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment