Sunday, September 22, 2013

Don't forget about your husband (aka Breckenridge Trip)

This trip was a huge first step for me. It was the first time I left my baby boy overnight...for two nights, in fact. I feel like I handled it all rather well. I missed my baby like none other but also had a blast with the most important man in my life, Dylan.

We went on hikes, explored Breckenridge, had a blast at Oktoberfest, and just plain enjoyed spending time together...with just the two of us...and no other outside influences.

Lunch in Breck

Hiked up to the top of a waterfall - Mohawk Lakes Trail

Mohawk Lakes Trail

OKTOBERFEST!
Waterfall at McGullough Gulch hike



Don't get me wrong, I missed my little man like crazy! He is the light of our lives, but it's always a great reminder for me that he can't be our whole lives. After all, what will life be like 18 years from now when he leaves us to go explore the world on his own? I would hate to look back and see so many opportunities where I let our relationship go and didn't work at it.

So, while life gets busy and so easy to focus all my attention on our baby, I have to keep in mind how important it is to nurture my relationship with my husband. After all, if our relationship is healthy, that makes for a much healthier family environment! I know Lincoln will thank us some day for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment